Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Purging Cache

The PurgeCache script works a bit differently than it does in 9.1, it took me a few tries to figure out what it was asking. The script is located in your IAM_HOME/server/bin directory and the easiest thing to do is bring the setWLSEnv.sh environment into your shell before running.

Initially I thought it was asking for the weblogic administrator information (Port 7001) as the export/import scripts did. It is actually looking for the OIM instance information.

[Enter the admin username:]xelsysadm
[Enter the admin password:]
[Enter the service url : (i.e.: t3://oimhostname:oimportno)]t3://oimmidtierhostname:14000

I created a little script on my path to run this without going into the directory.


export OIM_ORACLE_HOME=/oracle/product/fmw/iam
. /oracle/product/fmw/wlserver_10.3/server/bin/setWLSEnv.sh
pushd /oracle/product/fmw/iam/server/bin

./PurgeCache.sh $1

2 comments:

tsichevski said...

See also here on how to purge OIM cache from Java http://idmclub.wikidot.com/cache-management

Sunny Ajmera said...

Hi, I am trying to run the same command but it's asking me to set few environment variables like OIM_ORACLE_HOME, MW_HOME and APP_SERVER. I am not sure what to set in APP_SERVER, I tried setting $WLS_HOME, WEBLOGIC and few more combination but all failed. Can you please tell me what has to be set in APP_SERVER environment variable?